When I first came up with the idea to actually start a business for my photography and videography, I was not really sure where to start. The truth is, I made a checklist.
The checklist was simple, not much to it. My goals were small when I first started LRMedia. They grew slowly. But that is important when starting a business. You have to set realistic and reachable goals for yourself.
So thats what I did.
I made a checklist.
The checklist was for the basic things that I thought I needed to do to have a professional and functional business. So I thought I would share the checklist I made.
It was simple:
- Create a still logo for the company. One that is clean, simple, and can be put on anything that I create.
- Create an animated logo for the company. A moving logo that could be put at the beginning of all of my videos.
- Create a website that portrays my work in an effective and aesthetically pleasing way.
- Buy a domain name.
- Create social media accounts for LRMedia (Instagram and Facebook) that are linked to my website and will portray my work to others.
- Save money – build clientele and equipment storage.
This is not a breakthrough list with ideas different from what most other people do. This is simply where I started. Once I completed this list I felt accomplished and ready to do more with LRMedia.
So the point of this is not to copy my list or get people to say “Wow! What a genius list-maker!”
It is simply to say, if you don’t know where to start, make a checklist.